Academic Information > Academic Support

Success is about more than getting an “A”. Everyone you meet along at university – classmates, faculty and staff – contributes to your education and experience, and you to theirs. By working with others and being open to new ideas, what you learn in the classroom will become more meaningful and will help you gain a fresh perspective.

One of the keys to being a successful university student is to know when to ask for help. During the IFP, you will have access to a wide range of support from the IFP and various departments around the University.

IFP Office

The IFP Office is the primary point of contact during the IFP year for all students regardless of faculty.

There’s nothing wrong with asking for help — if you find yourself needing assistance during the IFP with your academics, exam preparation, writing, or any general questions, our friendly administrative and academic staff will be more than happy to help you.

Our IFP instructors also hold weekly office hours where you can sit down with your instructor and go over any questions you have with your course content.

Registrar’s Office (Arts & Science)

Each college has its own Registrar’s Office, which is responsible for advising and assisting students with any questions about academic, financial and other matters.

If you want to find out more about what happens after the IFP, including course selection and academic planning, you should make an appointment with your Registrar.

The friendly, well-informed staff deals with many questions and problems on a drop-in basis. If you wish to talk about your situation more fully and in person, you can easily make an appointment by contacting the office.

Engineering First Year Office

The Engineering First Year Office is designed to help students in their first year. They offer Academic Advising geared towards first year students in Engineering. The advisors should be your first stop to find help and more information regarding your program of study, course selections, academics, careers, personal matters that affect school, your 600 hour Professional Experience Requirement (PER) and Graduation.

For more information, please visit the Faculty of Applied Science & Engineering’s First Year page.

Registrar’s Office (Architecture)

For students in the John H. Daniels Faculty of Architecture, Landscape and Design, the Office of the Registrar and Student Services is available to answer general questions and assist students throughout their academic careers.

For more information, please visit the The John H. Daniels Faculty of Architecture, Landscape, and Design’s Office of the Registrar and Student Services page.

Registrar’s Office (Music)

For students in the Faculty of Music, the Registrar’s Office at the Faculty of Music is your “reliable first stop” for information and advice on academic, personal, and financial issues. Academic as well as personal counseling is provided by the office, along with appropriate referrals to other services within the university.

For more information, please visit the Faculty of Music’s Registrar’s Office page.